Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Oven temperature: grill
• 20ml butter
• 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced or sliced
• 50ml honey
• 25ml brown sugar
• 50ml mixed sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and chopped pecan nuts
• 750ml low-fat milk (or half milk and half water)
• 125ml creamy wheat porridge, uncooked (we used Tastee Wheat)
• 1-2ml ground cinnamon, to serve
1 Apples Grease a baking tray with half of the butter. Spread the apple pieces over the tray. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with sugar. Dot with the remaining butter. Cook under the grill for five minutes, tossing if they start to brown. Sprinkle with the seeds and nuts and return to the grill. Cook until soft and golden then set aside.
2 Heat the milk in a saucepan until it starts to simmer. Add the creamy wheat, stirring continuously, and continue to stir over a low to medium heat. Once it has thickened, remove from the heat.
3 Serve the porridge topped with a sprinkling of cinnamon, a spoonful of the apple mixture, and some extra milk on the side.
Text and image: Ideas magazine