The kitchen is probably the room in your home where you spend the most time, so making sure it is neat, tidy and well organised will make your life that much easier. Here are 5 great kitchen organisation tips which will clean up your cooking space once and for all.
1. Line up your cook books on a shelf that ensures they are not exposed to humidity and steam. Another tip for your beloved recipes: stick any loose papers into a book, without loose scraps lying around you entire space will look neater.
2. Arrange your kitchenware and appliances by frequency of use. Make sure all those items which you use everyday are easily accessible, whereas the once in a blue moon items can be stored further back in the cupboard.
3. Allocated cupboards and shelves in specific zones to specific items. For example, place your cups and saucers in a cupboard near the kettle, your pots and pans near the stove and your glasses and jugs near the fridge or tap.
4. Make your life easier with storage components that help organise a space. A cutlery organiser is a must have for any cutlery drawer and a spice rack makes it easy to find your spices each time that you cook.
5. Use your under cabinet space efficiently. This is a good space to show off your KitchenAid or Nespresso coffee machine.
Words: Cheska Stark