Overslept but have a 9am morning? You don’t have to choose between looking your best or being late.
Here’s how to streamline your make-up routine:
- Post-facial cleanse in the shower, moisturise. Don’t forget to add an eye cream to your facial moisturising ritual. Use circular movements and let your skin absorb the product.
- Cover blemishes with a concealer. Try Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer SPF 10 (R310).
- Apply under-eye concealer to even out skin tone and hide dark circles. Try Clarins Instant Light Brush On Perfector (R315).
- Apply foundation with light strokes and make sure it blends completely at the hairline and neckline.
- Apply blusher lightly onto the apples of your cheeks while smiling. Blend towards your temples. Use a blusher that closely resembles your flushed post-workout glow.
- A single coat of mascara will give you just enough definition to your lashes, bringing out your eyes. A soft dusting of eye shadow will further enhance your eyes. Putting on eye colour should take no more than a few seconds, although mascara and pencil eyeliner alone is a good substitute if you don’t have time for eye shadow.
- If you use dark shades on your eyelids, to create smoky eyes, use a light-coloured lipstick and finish off with a translucent lip-gloss or gloss in the same shade. The more intense colour pigments in lipstick will draw more attention to your lips than lip-gloss.