Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
• 20ml olive oil
• 1 pack of chicken sausages
• 1 large red onion, sliced
• 1 yellow pepper, seeded and diced
• 6 courgettes, sliced
• 1 can Italian-style chopped tomatoes
• handful fresh basil, plus extra to garnish
• 400g angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
• feta cheese
1 Heat a little of the oil in a frying pan and fry the sausages over a medium heat until browned and cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2 Heat some more oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion for a few minutes. Add the pepper and courgettes and sauté for another 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Add the basil.
3 Slice the sausages thinly and add to the sauce. Add the sauce to the cooked pasta. Serve sprinkled with feta cheese and extra basil to garnish.
Text and image source: Ideas magazine